bluebirds are my favorite

My favorite birds have always been bluebirds. Maybe that affection was passed down to me from my mother and my grandmother. I remember having bluebird houses in our yard, and being picked up by Daddy to peek in and see the wide mouths of the hungry babies. Following that tradition, we have a bluebird house as well. This means that my boys are learning to favor bluebirds, too. I struggled to find a nursery idea for baby {s}, but when I saw a bluebird crib bedding set by Susan Turner Baby, I knew it was perfect. It still makes me smile, and so does this picture that was painted by my friend for the nursery.

Yesterday {K}'s mom found a bluebird egg in their yard. It seems that another type of bird tossed the eggs out and claimed the nest as its own. {p} didn't understand why we couldn't hatch it anyway. He wanted to keep holding it in his hand in case a baby hatched out. He took the egg to school today... one more thing to share in a long line of "things to share" that he has already taken to school this year.



And if you need some happiness today, this is for you:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that song and I'm on Splash Mountain! Thanks for the smile!

Nicole McLaughlin said...

I love the photo of the egg!! Beautiful!

momto5minnies said...

I love that you are so sentimental ... I find that very endearing.

Love the photo. You sure are getting some good practice with that camera.

southernjoy said...

Sentimental... most definitely! I think {p} really takes after me in that department.