lucky weekend!

First the hummingbird nest, and then the discovery that {K}'s dad's old 35mm lenses fit my SLR. The difficulty is that everything has to be done manually. No autofocus, no automatic settings... nothing. Just me and the little dials on the lens. It's frustrating, but at the same time, exciting. It's neat to look at some of these images and know that I controlled everything - the lighting, the focus, the depth of field. Needless to say, I have a lot of underexposed, overexposed, and unfocused shots. But every so often I'd get the hang of it and get something I was happy with.

I like that {p} is out of focus here. I did get some good shots where both he and the bubbles were in focus, but I like the look of the bubbles being the main focus of this one. And, if you click on the picture, you can see the reflection of our house in the bubbles... mainly the biggest bubble near the left.

7 comments:

Janet said...

Neat picture! I like it.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea was with you because she's in your heart..
MIWAH

momto5minnies said...

VERY COOL ... great job!

Anonymous said...

Cool picture, really neat look to it!

agirlinawhirl said...

What a cool picture! Have you always had these photography skill or is this new?

southernjoy said...

Thank you, Angela! LOL... I'm not sure if it is a skill YET, but I do enjoying practicing. And yes, it is new. You'll understand as soon as you are holding your new baby because you will want to capture every second.

DrW said...

Love the bubbles! Where are the bluebirds?