speaking of bluebirds...

We have babies! Mama and Daddy bluebird have been very busy flying in and out of the house that {K} and {p} made. I was brave enough to sneak up, tap on it, and take off the lid. We all peered inside and saw a few little scrawny babies in there.

It's strange, though. The parents were all around while we were outside playing frisbee and chasing the dog. But as soon as I set up the tripod and {K} took the boys around back, they both disappeared. I sat on the concrete driveway for a long time before they finally came back. Maybe they like our noise!

**And a photo related question here. WHY is this picture so grainy? I took it with a 55-200 zoom lens, more than likely it was on 200. I cropped it a bit (less than half of the original) and ran a quick fix, but that's all. Is something wrong with the way I'm focusing? It looks pretty sharp until I view it larger, then it just has a grainy quality. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Lara said...

I love that picture! You definitely have more patience than I would have :) Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How fun to have a family in your birdhouse! I have no idea why it's grainy, but I love the colors!

DrW said...

Get closer! Go buy them some meal worms at the Wild Bird Center and they will let you take all the pictures you want - right in their faces! Love the picture. Keep trying!