fast learner




I just sat down with {s} last Thursday to play a Teletubbies game online. Usually he tells me what to click and I do all of that. I decided to show him how to use the touchpad on the laptop, he spent some time playing with {p} this weekend, and today (just Monday) he is navigating PBSkids like a pro. He goes from one show to another, from one game to another, and even printed a page (but unfortunately, the printer is downstairs and isn't turned on so it didn't actually print). I peeked at something he was doing and told him what to click, and he informed me, "No click. Have to drag it!"

How did he learn this so fast??? He will be 2 years and 9 months old tomorrow. I didn't touch a computer until I was in junior high. It is just remarkable what this generation of children is able to do!

And it means there is now one more person I'll have to fight for the computer.

6 comments:

momto5minnies said...

Competing for the computer ... YES! That will happen.

We have three in our house ... 2 Mac's and my laptop (PC). I alternate with using the newer Mac and my old laptop. The girl's have the original Mac, but somehow, I find them spreading out ;)

DrW said...

Can't WAIT to see what that one does in kindergarten! If I had my private school ready to open, he would be the first one I enrolled! (...and of course his brother!)

southernjoy said...

Wait a minute... what private school??

Don't forget to hire me...

DrW said...

My school is a dream of mine - and who knows...Yes - you're all in!

Hansen's blog said...

Your boys are so cute. We have competitions in our house for the computer, so we now have four. My husband and I each have a laptop, we have our old desktop, and the girls share my old laptop. A few years ago I vowed that would never happen. I also vowed that my family would never have more than one TV in our house, but we now have 3. I'm still against the girls having one in their room even though they think they need one. I'm not relenting on that one! Just you wait!:)

momto5minnies said...

I'm missing your posts and photos.

I gave you an award ... stop by my blog http://momto5minnies.blogspot.com/2008/08/thanks-and-thanks.html