the big 1

1st grade, that is. It's going to be a little easier for me this year. I'm more filled with anticipation than anxiety. {p} knows the routine of school, I know the routine of school and the chaos that seems to happen as soon as we walk in the door in the afternoon. Good chaos, when {s} gets to see his big brother after missing him for several hours, when {p} digs around for a snack and I dig around through the backpack and folder and we all hunt for a pencil that has both a point and an eraser.

We'll miss friends from last year (hang in there, {p} and Abby!), but look forward to making some new ones. We will miss the teachers from last year (I almost cried when we stopped by to visit them today), but I'm excited to get to know and work with his new teacher. We have a lot to miss from the wonderful year of Kindergarten, but I think we're going to have a lot to look forward to as well.

For today, we'll get the lunchbox packed, get the backpack ready, and fill the water bottle that {p} will get to keep on his desk. We'll fill the "get to know me" bag with pictures and some favorite things.

As for tonight, we'll pray for a great first day, a great year, a great teacher, and great friends.

And a little "please don't let him (or me) cry" thrown in for good measure.

3 comments:

momto5minnies said...

You'll do just fine MOM ;)

Can't wait to hear and see (pics) of {p} and his first day in the first grade. Hey, have you ever heard of that Veggie Tales song? Great, now I have it stuck in my head.

Unknown said...

I hope {P} has a great day at school today!

It does get easier with each passing year. I cried when my oldest went to kindergarten, felt like I should be crying but couldn't do it when my second went
to kindergarten, and never thougth about crying for even a second with the third. I do think the fourth will be hard again...the whole last baby thing. :(

{W}

Hansen's blog said...

Abby misses {P}! I wish they were in the same class still!