a little time outside

Scott Adams, in The Dilbert Principle, said,


"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.

Art is knowing which ones to keep."

How true! It definitely applies to photography. You've got to be willing to take chances, to experiment. I've deleted so many pictures. Black ones, blurry ones, white ones. But, I'd gladly make one hundred mistakes to have one photo that I love. I made a lot of mistakes outside this weekend, but I kept some. And those make it worth it!




A few macro shots:



Tomatoes from my parents' garden:




{p} with a moth. He loves looking for and catching bugs. The first shot was f 2.8. The second was f 5, I think. The others are just examples of {p} on the prowl for more bugs.
















And finally, the inside of a bluebird house.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Those are really cool pictures!

momto5minnies said...

I love your top tomato picture ... great composition!

DrW said...

That Dilbert is a real genius! Great shots!

Janet said...

I like the way you showed the two shots (of your son holding the bug) on two different aperture settings. That's neat. That is one thing that still kind of boggles my mind!

Debbie said...

I love the tomatoes.