the first sign of fall

It's not the weather, or the few leaves that are starting to dry and yellow. It's chocolate chip pumpkin muffins... the recipe given to me a few years ago by a friend of mine. Baking them has become a tradition, enticing people who would normally never eat pumpkin to... well, eat pumpkin. We're now having to double the recipe to make enough for both of the boys to take to school, making sure not to forget last year's teachers, as {p} reminded me. Except I just realized the double recipe won't be enough and tomorrow I'll probably make another double batch.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. of cinnamon
2 eggs beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/3 cup of miniature chocolate chips

Procedure
1. In one bowl combine ... eggs, pumpkin, and oil.
2. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, then fold in the chips (you know you really need to add more than the recipe calls for, right?)
3. Spoon batter in to muffin cups (2/3 full) and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees
and enjoy:

6 comments:

DrW said...

Yum! I'll have to try those pumpkin treats!

thesixburghmom said...

Mmmm...my Kitchen Aide is always mixing these up in the fall. I usually make two double batches...enough for us and enough to pass out to friends and neighbors.

momto5minnies said...

what a cute, happy face!

Hey, I wondered if you used too much pumpkin when you made yours the other day. For a single batch it calls for one cup of canned pumkin - not one can.

I need to make these. I am CRAVING!!!!!! I have the in-laws here now. Tonight I am doing an apple crisp.

southernjoy said...

I used 2 cups per doubled recipe. I made more later and didn't quite fill the cups up and I think they tasted better.

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by The Gift Closet. What a small world that we have kids @ the same school! BTW...this recipe looks great! I'm going to try it!! :)

Emily said...

I will be trying this recipe soon. Sounds Yummy!!!!Thanks for sharing. {S} looks like he is having a blast helping mommy.