writing

I wish I could put my finger on what keeps me from writing here.  It's not the lack of time.  I'm  a big believer in that you can always make time for what you believe is important.  I can find the time to write.  It's not lack of material.  So many times a day something pops into my head, and I think about writing.  I even write it in my head.  I drive down the road, writing in my head.   Sometimes I drift off to sleep, still writing in my head.  Contrary to the evidence found on the blog, I love to write.  I love to be given a topic, or a quote, or a piece of Scripture and instructed to write.  I can write well when I take the time to organize my thoughts, yet I rarely do.  

So, the mystery remains as to why I don't just sit down and do it.  So many authors say that they make themselves write a little bit each day.  I could do that.  So why don't I?  Maybe it's a lack of audience.  People read my blog. I see them on my sitemeter.  Most of the same people come back.  Yet, it can be hard to write when you don't know who your audience is.  Is this blog for myself?  Is it solely a place to keep track of a few memories?  Is it for other people?  Am I writing to entertain, to motivate, to educate?  I don't know.  I guess that's why I struggle with what to do here.  

I need to keep thinking about this... figure out what, exactly, I'm even doing with a blog.  In the meantime, I have soup to finish cooking, a headache that needs some Dr. Pepper, and two boys that need a bit more attention and loving from me today.   

4 comments:

agirlinawhirl said...

I check your blog all the time..it's my way of documenting things in my life and sharing them with anyone who cares to tune in. Although I have found that between this and facebook, there's no real interaction between me and others anymore. How many times have I called you? That's my point.

jhdaniell said...

I love reading your blog. It's so fun to read others thoughts and happenings.

momto5minnies said...

I know exactly what you mean. Several times a day I say to myself ... gotta put that in my blog. However, most of the time the thoughts come and then they go. I usually give myself the excuse that I can't make the time, but that really isn't true since I check my blog a few times over the day ;)

I need to keep a pad and paper in my car. That seems to be the place where I get all my bright ideas.

paige said...

i'm with ya
many times its so much easier for me to write a post on my blog than to journal.
i've printed out entries that i wrote for my girls.
i first starting out just as a place to record our simple life.
hopefully that's still my focus.
blessings to you
xo